Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finally an Update

So remember how I said I will try to blog once a week? Yeeeah, I think I was being a little too optimistic. The goal now is at least once a month. Sounds a little more doable.

Frenchie and Buster are doing pretty well. I think it's safe to say that they are happy and spoiled. Possibly, they are getting a bit fat, too. We had some friends over a few weeks ago and Paula, who loves Frenchie and Buster (and they love her), noticed that Buster especially was looking a little thicker than the last time she saw him. Ah well, everybody deserves to be a bit fat and happy at least once in their life, yes? Yes, well the babies are there.

Jon is doing pretty great, too. His businesses are doing better and better as time goes on. Things are really looking up for them, as far as sales and other business. So good for him! It definitely keeps him busy, and when the store is happy, Jon is happy, and that makes me happy!
As if Jon didn't have enough to do already, he has decided to start another business venture, partnering with his good friend and business manager at Propoent IT, Jeremy Dabb. The business will focus on doing online sales for office and medical supplies. I honestly don't know how he can do it all and stay sane. But somehow he pulls it off!

As for me, I am still working at Manor Care and enjoying it (most of the time, but what can you expect, it's still a job!). Although, I am continually getting requests to come work at the new facility in Layton, Legacy Village, which I must admit is very beautiful and otherwise tempting to work there. They have some pretty nice things to offer me, but as of now I am still considering it, and mostly just thinking of working there PRN. But who knows, things can change in an instant!
While I spend my days working, I ddo my best to fit in some play time as well. As I'm sure you know, one of my absolute favorite things is performing arts. I joined a little community choir where we get together to practice every Saturday in Roy, and have little gigs set up here and there. The last production we did was a goofy little production of Pirates of the Penzance. It will be interesting to see what else is in store with that bunch.
I have also been lucky enough to spend some time doing film. Every Wednesday night I meet with a little group for Independent Film Society meeting (IFS) where we basically hang out and talk about films, and upcoming projects with the independent film industry, especially with Solar Shock Pictures, with whom I spend most of my film time.
Last month I filmed with Solar Shock a little short film that was to be entered into the x96 Radio From Hell Film Festival. I played a small role, and it was alot of fun to work on the set. The director, Brandon, put in alot of work to get it all together, as he was experimenting with this film for new effects. The film was accepted to the festival! I have yet to see the completed project, and I will see it for the first time at the festival this Wednesday. Looking forward to it!

I sure do talk about myself more than about the other members of the family...but in my defense, Jon doesn't give much input when I ask him what I should write about in the blog update, and  I have found that I generally don't have much to say about Frenchie and Buster as far as an update goes  because there is not much that changes with them. So there. That's my disclaimer!

Anyway, there is the update for now. :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment